Opened 11 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

#650 closed defect (fixed)

SpellChecker is not compatible with FullPage plugin

Reported by: anonymous Owned by: gogo
Priority: high Milestone: Version 1.0
Component: Plugin_SpellChecker Version: trunk
Severity: normal Keywords: spellchecker fullpage gethtml
Cc:

Description

Took me a while to track this one down. When I add FullPage? to my list of plugins, SpellChecker still runs fine - but it won't return the corrected text back to the editor.

Here is the list of plugins I used (taken from your newbie example on your website):

'CharacterMap',
'ContextMenu',
'FullScreen?',
'ListType',
'SpellChecker',
'Stylist',
'SuperClean',
'TableOperations'

This works fine, but if you add FullPage? to the list of plugins (I tried adding to the top of this list, and to the bottom - neither one worked) then SpellChecker fails to function properly.

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by anonymous

  • Milestone set to Version 1.0
  • Priority changed from normal to high

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by guest

  • Keywords gethtml added

Ok, I've narrowed down the problem further to this line in spell-check-ui.js:

return window.opener.HTMLArea.getHTML(frame.contentWindow.document.body, false, editor);

If you have FullPage? plugin loaded, this needs to be:

return window.opener.HTMLArea.getHTML(frame.contentWindow.document.documentElement, false, editor);

and then it works correctly, somewhat... See below.

To clarify:

=====

Plugins: SpellChecker

Element: frame.contentWindow.document.body / Status: WORKS

Element: frame.contentWindow.document.documentElement / Status: WORKS - But pollutes HTML with SpellChecker stuff.

=====

Plugins: SpellChecker, GetHtml

Element: frame.contentWindow.document.body / Status: WORKS

Element: frame.contentWindow.document.documentElement / Status: WORKS - But pollutes HTML with SpellChecker stuff.

=====

Plugins: SpellChecker, FullPage?

Element: frame.contentWindow.document.body / Status: BROKEN

Element: frame.contentWindow.document.documentElement / Status: WORKS - But pollutes HTML with SpellChecker stuff.

=====

Plugins: SpellChecker, FullPage?, GetHtml

Element: frame.contentWindow.document.body / Status: BROKEN

Element: frame.contentWindow.document.documentElement / Status: BROKEN - Because GetHTML doesn't appear to be returning the HTML from the spellchecker window, but the HTML from our original editor window (which still has the words mispelled).

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by guest

After all of that, the simple fix seems to be to change this line:

return window.opener.HTMLArea.getHTML(frame.contentWindow.document.body, false, editor);

to this line:

return window.opener.HTMLArea.getHTML(frame.contentWindow.document.body, true, editor);

and it seems to work just fine. Phew.. Finally, I've been working on this bug for MONTHS now. :) Enjoy!

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by gogo

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

Applied your last fix in changeset:663 seems to work.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.