Create plugin to set width of iframe smaller than available config.width
|Reported by:||wymsy||Owned by:||gogo|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||plugin width iframe|
In previous versions of htmlarea/xinha, the width configuration parameter was applied to the iframe, so if you specified a width in pixels, the wysiwyg area was always displayed at that width. If the toolbar needed more width to show all the buttons, that was fine, the iframe still kept the specified width below the wider toolbar.
In the rewritten framework in the most recent version of xinha, however, the width configuration is being applied to the entire htmlarea container. This makes it impossible to have a wysiwyg area narrower than the toolbar. This can be a problem if you want to work on a relatively narrow column of text and maintain the layout in the editor - the toolbar forces the iframe to stretch, and line breaks, etc. are changed. You can let the toolbar flow to minimize the problem, but I would rather not use that feature because it results in an inconsistent user interface where buttons are not always in the same place.
Can we change the new framework to behave similarly to the original, where the widths of the toolbar and the iframe are independent?
Change History (7)
comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by anonymous
- Component changed from Documentation to Xinha Core
- Owner changed from akaEdge to gogo
comment:4 Changed 12 years ago by wymsy
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:5 Changed 12 years ago by gogo
- Component changed from Xinha Core to Plugin_Other
- Keywords plugin width iframe added
- Milestone Version 1.0 deleted
- Severity changed from normal to enhancement
- Version set to trunk
comment:6 Changed 12 years ago by gogo
- Milestone set to 2.0
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Summary changed from config.width problem in new framework to Create plugin to set width of iframe smaller than available config.width