IE(8?) Control Selection lost when Linker (other?) dialog opens - linking images broken
|Reported by:||gogo||Owned by:||gogo|
- Place an Image in the Xinha area.
- Click image.
- Open linker plugin dialog.
- Put in a link url.
- Click OK.
- Exception thrown.
- Xinha.prototype.selectNodeContents (in InternetExplorer? module) "node" is being passed in as null
- this comes from linker.editor.selectNodeContents(a), a is null
- it is assumed then, that linker.editor._doc.execCommand('createlink') did nothing.
If we look at the display when we click the linker button, the resize handles on the image seem to disappear, suggesting that the selection is lost? Certainly the selection is lost on returning, even when the dialog is simply canceled without change.
A normal selection (click, drag, highlight) works fine and is preserved.
Ray are you familiar with selection issues in IE8, I have a feeling you did some work on that early in the year?