Opened 10 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

#125 closed defect (fixed)

Event error

Reported by: guillaumed Owned by: guillaumed
Priority: highest Milestone: Version 1.0
Component: Xinha Core Version: trunk
Severity: blocker Keywords:
Cc: yermol

Description

With the last version I get on a click

Erreur : uncaught exception: [Exception... "Access to restricted URI denied" code: "1012" nsresult: "0x805303f4 (NS_ERROR_DOM_BAD_URI)" location: "http://montblanc:9010/htmlarea/htmlarea.js Line: 1388"]

Change History (15)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by guillaumed

patched with a try catch but not fixed...

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by gogo

What is the specific code that threw the exception (line numbers change). Did you try restarting FFox?

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by guillaumed

Yes... I think there is a strange behaviour that is raised by some timeout function which now create such side effect... This behaviour just appear from revision 60.. I continue to investiguate but I wanted to know if I am the only one with such exeption??

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by guillaumed

  • Owner changed from gogo to guillaumed
  • Status changed from new to assigned

It seems that is it a Mozilla pb

the following code get pb unless you put the set designMode="on" before opening the document

doc.open();
doc.wrtite(..);
doc.close();
doc.designMode="on";

Due to timeout function the designMode=on is done after the initIframe function!!!

The folllowing code seems to work fine, wainting for remarks before fixing it...

HTMLArea.prototype.initIframe = function()

...

if (!editor.config.fullPage) {

doc.designMode="On"; <--- just here!!!
doc.open();

comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by guillaumed

I think this resolve the ticket 93 http://xinha.python-hosting.com/ticket/93 ...

comment:6 Changed 10 years ago by guillaumed

  • Status changed from assigned to new

comment:7 Changed 10 years ago by guillaumed

  • Status changed from new to assigned

comment:8 Changed 10 years ago by guillaumed

I have rewritten the activateEditor and desactivateEditor functions. The ticket 93 and 125 seems to be fixed with that but now I get sometimes an error on the designMode = 'off' now..!!! Any idea??

comment:9 Changed 10 years ago by yermol

  • Cc yermol added

A data point, I'm working with a branch prior to your activateEditor patch and I'm seeing a similar exception at

this._doc.designMode = 'on';

in activateEditor() but only if the InsertAnchor plugin is included. Remove the plugin and the exception goes away. This is under FireFox? 1.0

comment:10 Changed 10 years ago by anzenews

This could also be the reason for ticket no. 53.

comment:11 Changed 9 years ago by gogo

guillaume: have you tested your changes with multiple editors? reson I ask is that the whole "only have one editor active at a time" was because in Gecko with if you tried having multiple editors active at a time it would be very buggy (this is back with HTMLArea 3), so I wrote that way that each editor is only activated when you mouse-click in it, and the previously active editor is deactivated. I have only skim read your changes but it looks a bit like you have removed that?

comment:12 Changed 9 years ago by guillaumed

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

Yes I've tried with several editor I don't see specific problem..
I fix this ticket but I don't like the several focusEditor which were in comment... and still are...

comment:13 Changed 9 years ago by gogo

  • Resolution fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

guillaumed: please see #237 this is directly traceable to changeset:69 which you committed in reference to this ticket - revision 64 and earlier works correctly, revision 69 and after doesn't. You need to either fix the bug you introduced or roll out your changes as it's a bit of a major.

Reopening.

comment:14 Changed 9 years ago by gogo

  • Milestone set to Version 1.0
  • Version set to trunk

comment:15 Changed 9 years ago by gogo

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

Never mind, I have fixed this in changeset:160 - hopefully this solves a few of these problems with insertHTML putting stuff outside the editor.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.