Opened 9 years ago

Closed 7 years ago

Last modified 7 years ago

#1184 closed enhancement (fixed)

Russian translations for PasteText and Stylist plugins

Reported by: guest Owned by:
Priority: normal Milestone:
Component: Internationalization Version:
Severity: normal Keywords: translation, language, plugins
Cc:

Description

See files in attach.

Attachments (1)

pastetext_and_stylist_ru.zip (854 bytes) - added by guest 9 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (6)

Changed 9 years ago by guest

comment:1 follow-up: Changed 9 years ago by ray

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

rev [989]

comment:2 in reply to: ↑ 1 Changed 9 years ago by guest

  • Resolution fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

Replying to ray:

I've checked the files added in a repository, and it seems there is a trouble with encoding:
http://xinha.webfactional.com/browser/trunk/plugins/PasteText/lang/ru.js
http://xinha.webfactional.com/browser/trunk/plugins/Stylist/lang/ru.js

Apparently, this is UTF-8 saved as ISO-8859-1. I've reviewed my pastetext_and_stylist_ru.zip, and all files is exactly in the proper encoding (UTF-8).

It is also not a bug of Trac, because other Russian translation files are displayed correctly:
http://xinha.webfactional.com/browser/trunk/plugins/CharacterMap/lang/ru.js

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by gogo

  • Component changed from Plugins to Internationalization

comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by ejucovy

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

It's true that they look mangled in Trac, and also in svn's web view, e.g.

http://svn.xinha.org/trunk/plugins/PasteText/lang/ru.js

But, when i check out a local copy of the repository, they look fine .. I'm going to close this as fixed again, please file a new ticket if there are specific issues with mangled russian text in the xinha user interface.

comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by gogo

Yes it must be fine, it's just the autodetection of browsers which isn't picking it up as UTF-8 for whatever reason, if you manually switch to UTF-8 encoding it's fine.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.